Become a part of our dynamic and expanding Enterprise Engineering team at DataVox! We are looking for a Microsoft Unified Exchange Engineer to strengthen our unified messaging, virtualization, exchange and server management, and networking capabilities. DataVox provides solutions to address every aspect of an organization’s IT environment. DataVox leverages strategic partnerships with organizations such as Microsoft, Cisco, EMC, NetApp, VMware, Avaya and others to deliver customized solutions.We need an Engineer who has 3+ years of experience in implementing Microsoft Unified Exchange solutions in enterprise network environments with very good communication and presentation skills. This individual should have good experience deploying, troubleshooting, upgrading and managing Microsoft Unified Messaging solutions including Skype for Business, Lync, Exchange, and domain servers. He or she should be able to deploy, manage and upgrade Lync, Exchange 2007/2010/2013, Hyper-V, SharePoint, and SQL in enterprise clustered environments. Experience in Microsoft server 2012 AD and Office 365 migration is required and working knowledge on storages EMC, Nimble, NetApp is a plus.
DataVox Business Summary:Established in 1988, DataVox provides advanced technology solutions to address every aspect of an organization’s IT environment including network infrastructure, unified communications, audio-visual, video conferencing, servers, storage, virtualization, infrastructure cabling, and physical security. DataVox leverages strategic partnerships with vendors such as Avaya, Cisco, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware, and others to deliver these customized solutions.
- Named one of Houston’s Top 25 Technology Employers by the Houston Business Journal.
- Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2014 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Design, deploy, troubleshoot and manage Microsoft Unified Exchange and Communications solutions for our enterprise customers
- Plan and upgrade/migrate existing Exchange 2003/2007/2010, Lync, AD infrastructure, Hyper-V, and SharePoint environments to their latest respective versions
- Integrate local and cloud networks in a hybrid environment, migrate required applications to cloud versions including Office 365
- Develop methodologies to deploy large number of laptops and virtual desktops with remote application deployment
- Implement Hyper-V/VMware virtualization solutions on EMC and Nimble storage
- Develop and maintain network backup strategies
- Manage and set standards for DataVox and customer networks with consultation and implementation services
- Maintain and update necessary technical certification requirements for DataVox
- 3 years of experience in designing, deploying, troubleshooting and managing Microsoft Unified Communications solutions including exchange, Lync, Office 365 and Hyper-V solutions at Enterprise level
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Information Systems or Computer Science
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) certification in Messaging, Communication or Server Infrastructure is required
- Hyper-V, storage, or networking certifications a plus
- Working knowledge of Cisco networking, UCS and other blade servers a plus
- Proven success of designing and implementing Microsoft technologies
- Great attitude, interpersonal communication, teamwork, sharing knowledge and customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of various communication and collaboration systems, messaging, databases, networking and storage
- Good project management capability to manage multi-tasking network projects and prioritize the tasks in an efficient manner to meet and exceed customer goals
- Good team player with a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to manage additional technical resources to meet the project requirements
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies, testing and implementing them, and understanding how to utilize them in a customer’s environment
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Vacation / Sick / Company Holidays
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.