DataVox is seeking a talented Network Engineer to join our mid-market department in Houston!
Before learning more about the position, let us tell you a bit more about who we are! DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Audio Visual Solutions, Network Security, Data Center & Network Technologies, IT Support Services, Network Cabling, Phone Systems & Physical Security. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensure the highest level of expertise and quality service by having people like you on our team.
What You’ll Do:
This position involves planning, implementation, and support of LAN/WAN and wireless related technologies. The engineer will be working with multiple clients and will provide technical leadership in a LAN/WAN network and day-to-day network technical support involving customers. Must have 3+ years of experience working with Enterprise-Grade Network Infrastructure and other technologies in a corporate environment.
- Operations level involvement in planning, implementing, and supporting network solutions for existing and new clients
- Provide excellent customer support to existing and potential customers
- Primary engineer in the diagnosis, triage, and resolution of network related incidents
- Assist during LAN/WAN related projects & service incidents.
- Communicate with vendors on network requirements & troubleshooting efforts
- Document, track, and monitor network related problems to ensure a timely resolution
- Provide proactive maintenance & documentation upkeep of network infrastructure
- Continue to train and develop knowledge and skills of new technologies, processes and systems
- Maintain and update necessary technical certification requirements for DataVox
- Ability to work on flexible work hours to accommodate after-hour upgrades & emergencies of customer networks
What You Need:
- Firm understanding of network fundamentals, LAN/WAN technologies, network infrastructure services (DNS, DHCP, Radius, Syslog) -- both from a proactive & reactive perspective
- Knowledge of VPN technologies (L2L, Remote VPN, PPTP, Client VPN)
- Knowledge of Radius and TACACS+
- Knowledge of Sniffer traces and Interpretation
- Working Experience with Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, multicast)
- Working Experience with WAN technologies (MEtroE, VPLS, PTP links and MPLS)
- Understanding of QOS technologies (L2 QOS, L3 QOS, LLQ, CBWFQ, Policing, Traffic Shaping etc.)
- Working knowledge of server, endpoint, and telephony technologies
- Good project management capability to manage multi-tasking network projects and prioritize the tasks in an efficient manner to meet and exceed customer goals
- Ability to prepare documentation with Microsoft Visio
- Be a good team player with a high degree of self-motivation
- Passion to collaborate as a team, working towards a common goal
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer’s environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Vacation/Sick and Paid Holidays
- Company Laptop
Are you excited and ready to join the team? Scroll down and apply!
Work involves standing, talking, hearing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stand, stoop, kneel, drive and reach. Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment; and ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.