DataVox is seeking a Senior CCIE Security Engineer to join the Enterprise Engineering Department in Houston!
Before learning about the position, let us tell you a bit more about who we are! DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Audio Visual Solutions, Data Center & Network Technologies, IT Support Services, Network Cabling, Phone Systems & Physical Security. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensure the highest level of expertise and quality service by having people like you on our team.
What You'll Do:This is a full-time position for a Senior Network and Security Engineer with multi-vendor device experience who will lead and work within a team of other network engineers. This position involves planning, implementation, and support of Cisco network and security solutions at large enterprise networks with multi-vendor technologies.
- Design, implement and support of infrastructure solutions related to security (Routers, firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, VPN solutions, BYOD, Etc.) for the enterprise customers.
- Design and implement large data centers considering network, security, replication and access considerations.
- Support and optimize on-premises and cloud application level security resolving critical customer issues.
- Risk and vulnerability assessments and penetration testing on enterprise networks.
- Provide technical supports and resolution for upgrades and outages.
- Architect and design concepts that meet or exceed the cost and performance goals for existing or new solutions.
- Responsible for the adherence to enterprise-wide technology standards and policies.
- Maintain and update necessary technical certification requirements for Datavox.
- Continue to train and develop knowledge and skills of new technologies, processes and systems.
Who You Are:
- Experience of designing Cisco network and security solutions in enterprise environments.
- Expert experience with Cisco FTD, Firewall ASA 55XX-x, IDS/IPS, SourceFire, NAC, and other reputed vendor products.
- Expert knowledge of VPN technologies (L2L, Remote VPN, PPTP, Any Connect, DMVPN, SSL Web Based VPN)
- Hands on experience with Cisco Routers and Switches (Routers- ISR, 4xxx, 29xx, 39xx - Switches – Nexus 9xxx, 7xxx, 5xxx, Catalyst 3xxx, 4xxx, 6xxx)
- Integrate Cisco ISE solutions with VPN, Security, and Wireless into enterprise level networks. Knowledge of Sniffer traces and Interpretation
- Excellent Layer 2 & 3 Networking Skills. Solid understanding of access and distribution layer LAN switching environments with VLANs, Spanning Tree (RSTP, PVST, MST), VTP, Etherchannel.
- Expert Experience with Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- Expert Experience with WAN technologies (PTP links, MetroE, VPLS and MPLS)
- Working knowledge of Two-factor authentication, Radius and TACACS+ and Certificate servers
- Working knowledge of Cisco AMP, Umbrella and Cloud security.
- Windows 2012/2008 server and AD administration experience.
- Ability to prepare documentation with Microsoft Visio and Microsoft project.
- Good project management capability to manage multi-tasking network projects and prioritize the tasks in an efficient manner to meet and exceed customer goals.
- Be a good team player with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer’s environment.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What You Need:
- B.S. degree in engineering, science, mathematics, information systems or computer science.
- At least 3+ years of experience in designing and implementing network and security infrastructure solutions at enterprise level customers.
- CCIE (Security) certification is required.
- Experience on cloud and on-premises Microsoft application support related to security.
- Experience on virtual server management and network storage management.
- Experience on large data center implementations and management.
- Experience on technical project management as a team lead.
- Vacation/Sick and Paid Holidays
- Company Laptop/iPhone
Physical Demands:Work involves standing, talking, hearing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stand, stoop, kneel, drive and reach. Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment; and ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.