DataVox is seeking a Solutions Architect to join the Enterprise Engineering department in Houston! Before learning about the position, let us tell you a bit more about who we are! DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Audio Visual Solutions, Data Center & Network Technologies, IT Support Services, Network Cabling, Phone Systems & Physical Security. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensure the highest level of expertise and quality service by having people like you on our team.
What You'll Do:We are looking for a Solutions Architect to support our team by providing consulting and design support to enhance our networking and data center practices. This individual will act as a technical resource in order to set up and deliver presentations and demonstrations to customers and to assist with determining their overall business and technical solutions.
- Evaluate customer needs, issues, and interests and devise a strategy that will achieve their specific business objectives
- Ability to talk about technical subjects and deliver technical presentations to a wide array of audiences
- Keep up to date on industry changes and shifts and continually work to improve sales techniques and knowledge
- Will utilize technical proficiency in a customer facing environment
- Leadership capabilities to assist in managing additional technical resources for meeting the account needs
- Ability to work successfully with prospects, customers, and cross functional teams to meet sales goals
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Will travel to prospective customer sites as necessary
- Ability to deliver detailed documentation and accurate Bills of Materials
Who You Are:
- Strong organizational and time management skills in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- A strong working knowledge of networking (enterprise route/switch)
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products; Outlook, WORD, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to evaluate different vendor solutions to determine the correct fit for a customer’s environment
- Ability to develop high-level designs and architectures to ensure smooth transition from design to delivery
- Ability to assist customers and account team with understanding and architecting appropriate solution
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Exceptional relationship and collaboration skills
- Desire to learn multiple solutions across a wide range of enterprise, security and data center network technologies
- 3+ years of technical or operational experience
- Ability to lead demos, proof-of-value for customers
- Knowledge of product lines e.g. Cisco, Aruba, HPE, Palo Alto etc...
- Relevant vendor certifications preferred
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Short Term Disability
- Company iPhone & Laptop
- Mileage reimbursement
Physical Demands:Work involves standing, talking, hearing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stand, stoop, kneel, drive and reach. Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment; and ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.