DataVox is hiring a Lead Audio Visual Technician in the AV Department for the Greater Houston area!
Before learning more about the position, let us tell you a bit more about who we are! DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Audio Visual Solutions, Data Center & Network Technologies, IT Support Services, Network Cabling, Phone Systems & Physical Security. We are committed to being the best technology partner and ensure the highest level of expertise and quality service by having people like you on our team.
What You’ll Do:As a Lead Technician you will be the lead in facilitating deployment of Audio Visual solutions to local and regional corporate accounts. You should also be able to:
- Understand audio visual, display and videoconferencing equipment, applications, and functionality
- Understand control system products and applications (Crestron/AMX, etc.)
- Demonstrate experience completing technical installation of audiovisual systems, including:
- Equipment rack fabrications
- Site preparations
- Termination and calibration of audio and video equipment
- Implementation of Crestron and AMX control systems
- Ability to troubleshoot complex audio, video, switching and control systems problems
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of commercial installation experience is required
- Installation experience with complex AV system projects
- Proven experience managing small/medium size jobs
- Requires working knowledge of commercial construction environments (power, conduit, core drills, etc.)
- Audio CAD/Vid CAD is a plus
- Preferred applicants should be able to discuss examples of completed projects and provide positive references
- Excellent communication and computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- AMX & Crestron installation experience
- Knowledge of Audio DSP
- Valid Driver's License
- Clean driving record
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- CTS certification is highly preferred
- Medical / Dental / Vision/ 401(k)
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Vacation/ Sick/ Company Holidays
Interested in joining us? Scroll down and apply!
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment:While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in inclement weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. Job sites will require the usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hard hat, hearing protection, gloves, etc.
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.