Become a part of our dynamic and expanding Engineering team at DataVox. We are looking for a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (Security) Engineer to strengthen our advanced security practice by providing implementation, design support, and consulting of network security practices. If you possess excellent customer service and communication skills, high energy level, the ability to work well in a team environment and ready to utilize your expertise and creativity, then we want to meet with you.Established in 1988, DataVox offers businesses the convenience of working with a single advanced technology partner. DataVox designs, implements and supports all aspects of an organization’s network infrastructure and security, Datacenter, unified communications, audio visual, structured cabling and physical security systems. DataVox has over 250 employees and serves over 8000 customers. Our award-winning customer service team is here to support your organization 24 hours a day / 7 day a week. https://www.datavox.net/about-datavox/
- Eight-Time Winner, Award of Excellence: Winner of Distinction, Houston Better Business Bureau
- Two-Time Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
Position Summary:This is a full time position for a Senior Network and Security engineer with multi-vendor device experience who will lead and work within a team of other network engineers. This position involves planning, implementation, and support of Cisco network and security solutions at large enterprise networks with multi-vendor technologies. The engineer will be working with multiple clients and will provide technical leadership in network and security practices, and day-to-day network technical support. As a subject matter expert, the engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining networking and edge security devices, which includes routers, switches, firewalls, Intrusion detection, and related hardware, and provide recommendations for innovative network and security enhancements. The engineer should be competent on application level security, implementation and management as well. Must have 4+ years of experience in network and security implementations including BYOD and ISE with valid CCIE (Security) certification and experience with multiple technology vendors.
Education and Qualifications:
- B.S. degree in engineering, science, mathematics, information systems or computer science.
- At least 4+ years of experience in designing and implementing network and security infrastructure solutions at enterprise level customers.
- CCIE (Security) certification is required.
- Experience on cloud and on-premises Microsoft application support related to security.
- Experience on virtual server management and network storage management.
- Experience on large datacenter implementations and management.
- Experience on technical project management as a team lead.
- Design, implement and support of infrastructure solutions related to security (Routers, firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, VPN solutions, BYOD, Etc.) for the enterprise customers.
- Design and implement large datacenters considering network, security, replication and access considerations.
- Support and optimize on-premises and cloud application level security resolving critical customer issues.
- Risk and vulnerability assessments and penetration testing on enterprise networks.
- Provide technical supports and resolution for upgrades and outages.
- Architect and design concepts that meet or exceed the cost and performance goals for existing or new solutions.
- Responsible for the adherence to enterprise-wide technology standards and policies.
- Maintain and update necessary technical certification requirements for Datavox.
- Continue to train and develop knowledge and skills of new technologies, processes and systems.
Skills and Specifications:
- Experience of designing Cisco network and security solutions in enterprise environments.
- Expert experience with Cisco FTD, Firewall ASA 55XX-x, IDS/IPS, SourceFire, NAC, and other reputed vendor products.
- Expert knowledge of VPN technologies (L2L, Remote VPN, PPTP, Any Connect, DMVPN, SSL Web Based VPN)
- Hands on experience with Cisco Routers and Switches (Routers- ISR, 4xxx, 29xx, 39xx - Switches – Nexus 9xxx, 7xxx, 5xxx, Catalyst 3xxx, 4xxx, 6xxx)
- Integrate Cisco ISE solutions with VPN, Security, and Wireless into enterprise level networks. Knowledge of Sniffer traces and Interpretation.
- Excellent Layer 2 & 3 Networking Skills. Solid understanding of access and distribution layer LAN switching environments with VLANs, Spanning Tree (RSTP, PVST, MST), VTP, Etherchannel.
- Expert Experience with Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- Expert Experience with WAN technologies (PTP links, MetroE, VPLS and MPLS)
- Working knowledge of Cisco ACS using Radius and TACACS+ and Certificate servers.
- Working knowledge of Two-factor authentication.
- Windows 2012/2008 server and AD administration experience.
- Ability to prepare documentation with Microsoft Visio and Microsoft project.
- Good project management capability to manage multi-tasking network projects and prioritize the tasks in an efficient manner to meet and exceed customer goals.
- Be a good team player with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer’s environment.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Vacation/Sick and Paid Holidays
- Company Vehicle
- Company Laptop/iPhone
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.